Closing date: 6th September 2021
Background and context:
Faith to Action Network is a global interfaith network of more than 100 Bahai, Buddhist, Christian, Confucian, Hindu and Muslim faith organizations; we focus on issues that faith actors are grappling with, including sexual and reproductive health and family planning; gender equality and women’s rights; pluralism and understanding. We combine innovative, evidence- and faith-backed community-based programming with national, regional and international dialogue and advocacy to influence change at all levels.
Purpose of the role:
Faith to Action Network seeks an Advocacy Advisor to lead its advocacy, communication, partnership building and movement building work, develop and implement its advocacy and communications strategy, and to coordinate and manage several advocacy and communications projects.
The position will be responsible for Faith to Action Network’s advocacy, communication and movement building work, including developing, implementing, monitoring and reporting on its advocacy, communication, partnerships and movement building strategy. The position will work closely with the Programme Manager for the full project cycle management of several new projects primarily implemented in Eastern Africa, Northern Africa, Middle East and South East Asia. The position will join the management team and play a full role in the leadership and direction of Faith to Action Network as a whole, ensuring it is able to meet the objectives its strategy and annual plans.
This is a full-time position based in Nairobi, Germany or Brussels (Belgium) and the salary is competitive and commensurate with the seniority of the appointment.
To apply or to download further information on the required qualifications, skills, and experience for this exciting role, please read the full terms of reference:TOR: Advocacy Advisor
How to apply
- Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and cover letter) to HR@faithtoactionetwork.org
- Applications should include a full curriculum vita (including comprehensive details of key achievements and responsibilities, a list of references, and current salary) along with a cover letter addressing the job description, academic and professional qualifications, and indicating motivation for the role.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Faith to Action Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural and religious diversity. Candidates from across the world and all sections of the community are welcome to apply.
- Faith to Action Network is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.