Knowledge Management Advisor (m/f/d), Nairobi, Kenya
Scope of your duties
Many faith organisations around the world grapple with tensions between their understanding of human development, human rights and their faith teachings and values. In addition, a lack of understanding for the beliefs and values of others, coupled with prejudices, hamper the peaceful coexistence of different religious communities.
Therefore, Faith to Action Network e.V. offers a platform for facilitating interreligious dialogue between faith communities. Its members break the silence on contentious issues, participate in brave debates, learn from one another and strengthen constructive collaboration with governments and other stakeholders. The network combines innovative, evidence- and faith-based programmes with national, regional and international dialogue and advocacy to bring about change at all levels and across religious boundaries.
Your specific duties will involve the following:
- You will develop a strategy for effective knowledge management, including research, documentation, monitoring and evaluation, and promoting network members’ and partners’ access to this knowledge.
- You will be responsible for preparing and communicating knowledge, including by writing articles, case studies and preparing panel discussions, lectures, workshops and conferences.
- Through training and coaching you will provide support to Faith to Action Network members to integrate information and knowledge management into their work.
- You will work to ensure the quality of knowledge, research and network documents and contribute to the strategic planning, review and development of the organisation.
- You will maintain ongoing relationships with all staff, project partners and members of the Faith to Action network.
- You have completed a master’s degree, preferably in the field of social sciences, ethnology, theology, Islamic studies, business management or international relations.
- You have several years of relevant professional experience in the field of interreligious or intercultural dialogue and peacebuilding and conflict management.
- You have an understanding and experience of managing civil society networks and working with faith-based organisations and partnering with local partner organisations.
- You bring knowledge in the field of organisational development and project management and already have experience with monitoring and evaluation.
- You are experienced in the production, documentation and communication of knowledge and can demonstrate excellent writing and editing skills.
- As a member of a faith community, you identify with the goals and concerns of development and peace work and support them convincingly.
- You communicate fluently in written and spoken English, ideally have knowledge of French or Arabic and are an EU or Swiss citizen.
- Individual and comprehensive preparation
- A three-year contract, social security contributions and benefits in accordance with the provisions of the Development Workers Act (EhfG)
- Cultural, linguistic and other professional training as well as coaching and supervision opportunities, individual guidance