Closing date: 13 August 2021
Background and context:
Faith to Action Network is a global interfaith network of more than 100 Bahai, Buddhist, Christian, Confucian, Hindu and Muslim faith organizations; we focus on issues that faith actors are grappling with, including sexual and reproductive health and family planning; gender equality and women’s rights; pluralism and understanding. We combine innovative, evidence- and faith-backed community-based programming with national, regional and international dialogue and advocacy to influence change at all levels.
Purpose of the role:
Faith to Action Network seeks to recruit a Gender Justice technical lead (Maternity Cover) to manage and provide technical support to Faith to Action Network’s women’s rights and gender justice projects for a period of 5 months.
The Gender technical lead will be responsible for the programmatic and financial management of Faith to Action Network’s women’s rights projects including providing technical, programmatic, and administrative assistance to Faith to Action Network implementing partners and members on women’s rights and gender justice. S/he will contribute to strengthening partnership and knowledge networks within and outside Faith to Action Network.
To apply or to download further information on the required qualifications, skills, and experience for this exciting role, please read the full terms of reference:TOR: Gender Justice Technical Lead- Maternity Cover
The deadline for applications is 13th August 2021
How to apply
- Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and cover letter) to HR@faithtoactionetwork.org
- Applications should include a full curriculum vita (including comprehensive details of key achievements and responsibilities, a list of references, and current salary) along with a cover letter addressing the job description, academic and professional qualifications, and indicating motivation for the role.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Faith to Action Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural and religious diversity. Candidates from all sections of the community are welcome to apply. Candidates must have the right to work in Kenya. This requirement will apply to all applicants irrespective of their nationality.
- Faith to Action Network is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.