Faith to Action Network supports faith actors empower people to live healthy, peaceful, quality lives. We focus on issues that faith actors are grappling with, including sexual and reproductive health and family planning; gender equality and women’s rights; pluralism and understanding.
Since 2011, we deliver on this promise, and have achieved:
- 47 policy changes in support of family health and wellbeing and women’s rights
- 11 continental and regional faith consultations for the African Union’s Gender Strategy and East African Legislative Assembly’s SRH bill
- 36 institutional shifts within Anglican, Catholic, Independent Churches and Muslim faith organizations
- 728 faith leaders have publicly expressed their support for family health and wellbeing and women’s rights
- 16,000,000 people have received information on family health and wellbeing in relation to their faith.
- Reached 10,400 youth with age appropriate sexuality education in Mityana diocese
- Improved women’s health seeking behavior in Machakos and Garissa, Kenya; doubled hospital birth deliveries and increased the use of FP injectables by 32% and 7% respectively.
- 4 studies on faith organizations’ sexual and reproductive health and rights interventions; and 1 study on teenage pregnancy.