Who is IMC?
Ibrahimia Media Center (IMC) is a faith-based organization, affiliated with the Evangelical Fellowship of Egypt. It was established in 2005 in Alexandria- Egypt to support the Arab communities enjoying a better quality of life.
IMC’s vision is to spread the principles of heaven’s kingdom in the Arab society. Its mission is to promote peaceful coexistence and human rights through capacity building, creating common spaces, raising awareness, and developing societies aware of their rights and seeking to obtain them.
IMC departmental work
- Development Projects Department: Designing and implementing developmental projects in the community targeting many areas such as promoting peaceful coexistence, women and children’s rights, fighting domestic violence, and integrating refugees in their hosting communities.
- Media Production Department: Producing media materials and broadcasting them through various channels such as social media channels, T.V programs, talk shows, short movies, documentaries, and T.V series.
- Media Training Department: Providing training for youth about media tools and channels. Offer various kinds of training courses with accredited certificates for Directing, filmmaking, editing, scriptwriting, ToT, and presentation skill.
- Targeting vulnerable groups, supporting rights holders, advocating peace and reconciliation, empowering women, and building capacities of civil society organizations.
- Advancing the life of society through the adoption, design, and implementation of development projects that support equality, and combat poverty in all its forms especially poverty in knowledge.
- Focusing on empowering women, especially young ones, has been in relation with Young Women for Awareness, Agency, Advocacy, and Accountability (YW4A) program, as the program is interlinked with IMC`s missions and on-ground activities for supporting young women, enhancing Women’s Rights Organizations (WROs) capacities and advocating rights.
- Empowering young women to own their voice and take their place in decision-making towards achieving gender-justice laws, policies, and norms. Through the Young Women for Awareness, Agency, Advocacy, and Accountability (YW4A), IMC is targeting to build the capacity of 4,200 young women in leadership skills, gender equality, and advocacy.
- Advocating for peaceful co-existence while building the capacities of civil societies.
Partnership with Faith to Action Network
IMC and Faith to Action Network have worked together in several projects:
- IMC worked on “Co-existence for peace “in 2021. This aimed to create a peaceful society where youth have tolerance and mutual understanding and have respect for cultural and religious diversity in the community. IMC implemented several activities to prepare the youth to respond to or predict tension, crises, and violence incidents within their respective communities.
- Young women for Awareness, Agency, Advocacy, and Accountability. This is aimed to strengthen and diversify participation and amplify the voices of young women to effectively influence decision-making towards gender-just laws, policies, norms, and practices related to their bodily integrity and equal participation.
IMC Goals 2021 – 2023
IMC is working towards building a strong entity that will withstand the fluctuations of our fast world and keep pace with the new in our field and our interests.
General objective: Focusing on developmental programs that carry Christian ethics, principles, and values, to reach the surrounding community to promote human rights.
- Implementing new projects on Women in the media and capacity building for peace
- Strengthening the voice of young women in decision making
- Fundraising to extend IMC’s previous work with refugees and migrants.
- Raising the efficiency of IMC’s 4 departments by raising the capacity of the current employees and appointing new employees.
- Planning and implementing an integrated project to deliver the message of peace to all nations through social media. These social media pages focus on promoting human rights by using different aspects to reach diverse target groups.
See below a video about IMC
To read more about their Work click here: